Planning on spending a family Christmas or New Year’s in Whistler? Snow, sleigh bells, even a skiing Santa….you just can’t get much more festive than that. Even a hot chocolate and a stroll down decked out Main Street is enough to get a Grinchy toddler or teen in the holiday spirit. Read on for this year’s lineup of family-friendly holiday activities and events in Whistler village.
I cannot resist a great seat sale, so when I realized that I could get our whole family of four to San Francisco for about the same as 2 regular priced tickets….we were as good as on our way. Having honeymooned in this city years ago, my husband and I had visited most of the major tourist attractions already. On this trip we decided to leave it up to the kids to plan our itinerary. Leading up to our departure, we spent our evenings watching various youtube clips about the city, and in the end, my kids came up with this ‘must see’ list.
From about 4 years old, my daughter (now 7) has enjoyed packing her own bag. On a recent trip, I asked her to only pack her essentials for the plane ride in her carry-on. The word ‘essentials’ clearly has a different meaning to different people. Here is what it looked like:
- “Bunny” (comes everywhere – no big surprise here)
- Personalized Aviation Dog Tag (made at the Seattle Museum of Flight)
- Hawaiian shell bracelet, Rainbow Loom Bracelet, nail file (never used – will not get used)
- Hello Kitty activity kit
- Seattle key chain
- A collection of travel sized Robert Munsch books
- More stuffies
- A promotional notebook that my husband gave her from a conference he attended
- A collection of shiny (and heavy) rocks purchased from ‘The Flower Fields’ in Carlsbad
- Markers and scissors that she says she won’t use, but only likes to hold in the air and make “snip-snipping” sounds ( probably not a comforting sound to fellow passengers).
note: My daughter’s ‘essentials’ for San Francisco were crammed into her fantastic Trunki Boostapak Backpack / Booster Seat Combo. This bag is such a great solution for travel as it is perfect for taxis and rental cars.
you may also be interested in the following:
Looking for the best Christmas gifts of 2014 for the on-the-go dad? Check out this list of gadgets and gear that are sure to please.
Looking for Vancouver’s top family-friendly events and attractions for the Christmas season? Check out our list of Yuletide favourites, including quite a few that won’t break the bank.