When we bought a car off my parents, my kids were overjoyed to discover that there was a built-in DVD player in the back seat (this also brought me great joy and hopes of some occasional peace and quiet). A small problem, however, was that the Bluetooth headphones that originally came with the car were missing (apparently my sister had charmed my parents out of them years before). I started my search to find out who makes the best bluetooth headphones for kids. I wanted headphones that were specifically designed with toddlers and kids in mind so that the headsets would fit their little noggins properly. I also wanted them to have great sound quality and a maximum volume setting that could not damage their hearing.
Through my online research, I discovered LilGadgets Untangled Pro Children’s Wireless Bluetooth Headphones. Not only did they meet my criteria, but they also have great style (I would totally wear the white ones). Here is a little more about them.
LilGadgets Untangled Pro Children’s Wireless Bluetooth Headphones – From $49.95
- High quality, Bluetooth wireless headphones, sized for children 4+ and compatible with nearly all Bluetooth devices.
- 5 / 5 star rating by reviewers on Amazon.com !
- SharePort: No need for splitters! The Untangled Pro pairs to the device and another headphone plugs directly into the Untangled Pro to share audio!
- Volume Limited with Quality Audio and Battery Life: The max volume is set at 93db* with 40mm drivers, with 12 hour battery life and 180 hour standby.
- For the Kids: A portion of each purchase goes towards bullying prevention in schools and minimizing the environmental impact of your purchase.
- Ear pads and headbands are covered with breathable mesh material for comfort and are designed to ensure that the ear pads won’t fall off.
- Includes a USB charging cable and a 3.5mm cable just in case your child outlasts the battery.
- Comes with a micro-fiber travel bag to make transporting easy (you can also use it to clean your screens).
- Comes with a 100% LilGadgets Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Offered in 6 fun colors (pink, green, blue, purple, white and black)
- Read reviews and learn more about the Lil’Gadgets Bluetooth kids headphones here.
*Important Note: I contacted LilGadgets to find out what the maximum volume level was on these headphones, because, like many parents, I wanted to be sure that my children’s hearing would be protected.These headphones are volume limited to 97 decibels (+/- 2db), whereas adult headphones usually top out between 108-118 db. This maximum of 97db is a little higher than that of the LilGadgets Wired headphones due to the fact that your child may be using these headphones in environments with a greater amount of background noise (cars, airplanes etc.). This makes perfect sense to me as I have had the experience with my children where they have not been able to hear their show on an airplane when they were wearing another brand of kids headphones that topped out at 85db. Now, obviously, you do not want your child having their headphones set to full volume all the time, but certainly in some situations and for a short period of time, it may be necessary. For those of you who really want to know more about this (I am one of those people too), here is a link to hearing protection standards/regulation set by the U.S. Occupational Healty & Safety Administration.